Read that special Dua (prayer) in Ramadan:
Ramadan is a very dignified and virtuous month. In this month, Allah the Almighty bestows unceasing mercy and blessings on His servants. And He gives forgiveness and salvation to the servant. On the last day of the month of Sha’ban, the beloved Prophet (peace be upon him) asked his ummah to recite special tasbeeh and doa.
The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spent the entire month of Ramadan through tasbeeh, istegfar, and dua, a special admonition for the ummah. So that people can fully prepare themselves for the welfare of this world and the hereafter through this special tasbih, istegfar, and doa. It has been narrated in the hadith-
Hazrat Salman Farsi Radiyallahu Anhu narrates, ‘On the last day of the month of Sha’ban, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) addressed us with the intention that,‘ O people! Surely the great month, the blessed month, is before you. This month you do 4 more jobs. Of these, two are for Allah and two are for yourselves.
The two things for Allah are (tasbih) to testify that there is no god but Him. To apologize to him.
And the two things he is told to do for himself are to pray for the attainment of Paradise and to seek deliverance from the fire of Hell.
Special dua in Ramadan while fasting:
لَا اِلَهَ اِلَّا الله
Pronunciation: ‘La ilaha illallah’
Meaning: There is no god but Allah.
>Istegfar means to apologize. There are many apologies in the hadith. Any of these must be read-
– اَسْتَغْفِرُوا اللهَ العَظِيْم اِنَّ اللهَ غَفُوْرُ الرَّحِيْم
Pronunciation: Astagfirullahal Azim Innallaha Gafurur Rahim.
Meaning: I seek forgiveness from Allah Almighty, surely He is Forgiving, Merciful.
– اَسْتَغْفِرُوا اللهَ العَظِيْم اّللَّذِى لَا اِلَهَ اِلَّا هُوَ الْحَىُّ الْقَيُّوْمُ وَ اَتُوْبُ اِلَيْهِ
Pronunciation: Astagfirullahal Azim Allaji La Ilaha Illahu Hayyul Qayyumu wa Atubu Ilahi.
Meaning: ‘I seek forgiveness from Allah Almighty, who has no god except him. He is eternal and everlasting, and to Him, we shall return.’
– رَبِّ اغْفِرْ لِي وَتُبْ عَلَيَّ إِنَّكَ أَنْتَ التَّوَّابُ الرَّحِيمُ
Pronunciation: Rabbigfirli wa tubu alaiyya innaka antat tawabur rahim.
Meaning: O my Lord! Forgive me, accept my repentance. Surely Thou art the Oft-returning, the Merciful.
– اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
Pronunciation: ‘Allahumma anta rabbi la ilaha illa anta khalaqbatani; Wa ana abduka wa ana ala ahdika wa wa’dika mastatbatu, aujubika min sharri ma sana’tu abulalaka bini’matika alaiya; Wa Abu Bijambi Fagfirli Fa Innahu La Yagfiruz Junuba Illa Anta.’
Meaning: ‘O Allah! You are my Lord, there is no deity worthy of worship except You. You created me. I am your servant. I am committed to your commitment to the best of my ability. I seek refuge in You from the evil of what I have done. I confess your grace to me and I also confess my sins. So forgive me. Surely there is no forgiver except you.
Read more Dua:
- Dua for Opening & breaking fast-(Iftar & Sehri dua)
- Dua for Forgiveness – Istighfar Dua
- Morning & Waking up dua
- Best Duas for Parents Blessings, Forgiveness in English
- Powerful dua for increasing Rizq
Blessings of Paradise and Freedom from Hell:
– اَللَّهُمَّ اَدْخِلْنَا الْجَنَّةَ وَ اَجْرِنَا مِنَ النَّارِ
Pronunciation: Allahumma adkhilnal jannata wa ajhirna minan nar.
Meaning: O Allah! Make us enter Paradise and deliver us from the fire of Hell.
– اَللهُمَّ انَّ نَسْئَلُكَ الْجَنَّةَ وَ نَعُوْذُبِكَ مِنَ النَّارِ
Pronunciation: Allahumma inna nasalukal jannata wa naujubika minan nar. ‘
Meaning: O Allah! I want paradise from you and I seek refuge from the fire of hell. ‘
The hadith further states, “Whoever prays 3 times in the morning and evening for the hope of Paradise and deliverance from Hell, Paradise-Hell will intercede for him to accept his prayers.”